This scholarship aims to support a doctoral student in an APA or CPA accredited doctoral program in clinical psychology who intends to pursue board certification in clinical psychology following their training and licensure. Clinical psychology is both a general practice and a health service provider specialty in professional psychology. Clinical psychologists provide professional services for the diagnosis, assessment, evaluation, treatment, and prevention of psychological, emotional, psychophysiological, and behavioral disorders across the lifespan.
Award applicants must be a current student at any phase (including internship) in an APA or CPA accredited doctoral program in clinical psychology.
- Nominees provide their current curriculum vita and a letter of interest detailing in 500 words or less why they are pursuing a career in clinical psychology. Reviewers will evaluate each applicant based on the following articulated facets within their letter of interest:
- Expressed motivation for a career in clinical psychology
- Specified goals directed toward a career in clinical psychology
- Articulated plan to seek board certification in clinical psychology following completion of postdoctoral work
- All nominations will be due by April 1st.
- ABCP President will appoint an Awards Committee to review nominees.
- Awards Committee will recommend nominees to be selected by the ABCP Board of Directors.
ABCP Student Scholarship winners will be announced annually on ABPP social media, in The Specialist newsletter, and displayed on the Academy of ABCP website. Honorees will receive a letter of recognition. American Board of Clinical Psychology will provide the honorees’ ABPP early entry fee to support their future pursuit of board certification and $100 to defray costs of educational materials.
In partnership, Society of Clinical Psychology, Division 12 of APA, will provide the honoree a one-year student membership to Division 12 and Section 10: Graduate Students and Early
Please contact Dr. Leo Caraballo with questions.
The number of scholarships awarded each year will be determined based on available funding.
You must be logged in to access this form. If you're new to ABPP, you may create a free guest account.