ABPP Foundation Board Call for Board Member Nominations
The American Board of Professional Psychology Foundation (ABPPF) is a 501(c)(3) organization dedicated to recruiting its board members it needs to ensure maximum impact. ABPPF champions the importance of board certification, and our board of directors strive to support and promote excellence in psychologists seeking board certification.
Board Member Expectations
The American Board of Professional Psychology Foundation board of directors is comprised of board certified specialists who are dedicated to our mission and vision. A strong and effective board is necessary to fully realize its potential. In addition to the standard roles and responsibilities of a board member, our board members are active advocates and ambassadors for board certification and are fully engaged in identifying and securing the financial resources and partnerships necessary for the Foundation to advance its mission. More specific expectations are:
- Board members are expected to attend 12 board meetings per year. Except for the annual meeting held at an APA convention, the regular board meetings are held virtually.
- Board members are expected to serve on one or more committees of the board and to actively participate in committee work.
- Board members are expected to play an active role in securing the financial resources necessary for ABPPF to achieve its mission. This may be accomplished by leveraging the personal relationships and connections to help identify and solicit potential donors. as well as
- Make a personal contribution of at least $250 each year to the Foundation.
- Board members are expected to represent ABPPF to their respective communities and to advocate for its mission, programs, and services.
- Board terms last for four years, and board members can serve for up to two consecutive terms.
Desired Skills and Expertise
Factors such as representation of the various specialties, geographic distribution of Board members, ethnic and cultural diversity, willingness to be active, and commitment to make an annual financial contribution to the Foundation will be considered.
Available 2023 Elected Positions
New Directors are nominated from the population of all ABPP board certified psychologists. Once elected, each shall hold office until their successor is nominated, elected, and placed on the official records of the Foundation by the Secretary.
HOW TO APPLY
Nominations and self-nominations should include name of the nominee, a brief biographical sketch with the perceived strengths the candidate may bring to the Foundation, a 500-word statement of interest from the nominee, and the nominee’s CV.
Please submit all nomination or self-nomination materials to Foundation Administrator, firstname.lastname@example.org by 5:00 pm (CT) on September 10, 2022. New Board members will be notified by November 30, 2022, and the term of office will commence on January 1, 2023.