2023 Art Nezu Dissertation Diversity Award
Jasmin Brooks is a Clinical Psychology PhD Candidate at the University of Houston and an incoming Clinical Psychology Predoctoral Intern at Harvard Medical School/Massachusetts General Hospital. Jasmin’s program of research examines how culturally relevant risk and protective factors influence suicide and mental health outcomes for Black youth and emerging adults. Through her research, she aims to contribute to the creation of interventions, programming, and policies that target the reduction of racism-related stress, suicide, and mental health disparities within Black populations.
Doctoral dissertations regarding diversity/multiculturalism may be eligible for the Art Nezu Dissertation Diversity Award.
The Art Nezu Dissertation Diversity Award is a prestigious award that recognizes an individual whose doctoral dissertation makes an outstanding contribution to the field of professional psychology and diversity and/or multiculturalism. The recipient of the award will receive a $1,000 award.
- The doctoral dissertation must have been successfully defended in 2023.
- The dissertation must be completed by a student in a professional psychology discipline.
- The dissertation must focus on an aspect of diversity and/or multiculturalism.
- The dissertation topic must reflect some aspect of psychology specialization, represented by at least one ABPP specialty.
- The dissertation must be publication-eligible. Quantitative and qualitative methods will be considered.
Please submit the following materials online (all at once)
- Current curriculum vita.
- Letter from candidate specifying how the dissertation addresses diversity and/or multiculturalism.
- Specify the specialty board that the dissertation represents in American Board of Professional Psychology (ABPP).
- Electronic copy of entire dissertation (Abstract, Literature Review, Results, Discussion, References & Appendices).
- Copy of program-issued final approval of dissertation defense form.
- Letter of recommendation from dissertation chair or committee member.
- One additional letter of recommendation regarding the candidate’s potential to enhance diversity and/or multiculturalism in professional psychology.
For questions regarding online submissions, contact us. For questions regarding the Art Nezu Dissertation Award nominations, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The 2024 nomination will open in January. The deadline for submitting a nomination is April 15, 2024.