Steps in Applying
- Review the ABPP Generic Requirements.
- Also review the Specialty Specific Requirements (and Senior Option, if applicable) for the specialty board to which you are applying.
Before you begin, be sure to have:
- Information about your doctoral program
- Information about your internship program
- Details on your states/provinces/territories of licensure
- Details on memberships you hold
- History of any ethical violations
- Endorsement forms or letters of recommendation (certain specialty boards only)
- Your current CV
- Detailed answers and documentation regarding your experience in the specialty
- Application Fee (Mastercard, Visa, Discover, or American Express).
Once you are done:
ABPP will begin review once all documentation is submitted.
- Transcripts directly from the institution that granted your doctoral degree.
- Documentation of completion of internship, as described above.
- All specialty specific materials. (The specialty board may have requirements that include having letters of recommendation and/or endorsement forms, providing information about specific coursework/training/experience, etc.
Materials and documentation should be submitted during time of online application. If not, email as a PDF attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: Unlicensed Students, Interns & Residents should use the Not Yet Licensed/Early Entry Application Form
If you are currently an ABPP Board Certified Specialist click here for the application