Organizational & Business Consulting Psychology
Prior to demonstrating education, training, and experience in OBCP, an applicant must meet the general ABPP requirements. Those may be found here: https://abpp.org/application-information/general-requirements/.
Applicants should provide evidence that they have obtained a level of competence expected of a Candidate for the ABOBCP through specific training in OBCP.
The Applicant must provide evidence of:
- Appropriate education or training in OBCP, such as coursework, continuing
education, and/or retraining in OBCP.
- Two (2) total calendar years of postdoctoral, relevant experience in OBCP.
- Three thousand (3,000) hours of relevant experience in OBCP areas.
The 3,000 hours indicated in Requirement 3 above may be spread out over more than the 2 calendar years listed in Requirement 2 above. For example:
- Example 1. The 3,000 hours could be spread out over 3 years, where 1,000
hours of experience come from a pre–doctoral internship, 1,000 hours from a
postdoctoral internship, and 1,000 hours come from the second year of work
- Example 2. The 3,000 hours or relevant OCP experience come from 2 years of
postdoctoral experience, with 1,500 hours in Year 1 and 1,500 hours in Year 2.
- Example 3. The 3,000 hours come from 500 hours from a pre–doctoral
internship, 500 hours from a postdoctoral internship, 1,000 hours from Year 2
of postdoctoral work experience, and 1,000 hours from Year 3 of postdoctoral
The ABOBCP recognizes that some Applicants, especially those from health service provider backgrounds, may not have a supervised internship experience that involves experience in areas relevant to ABOBCP. In the initial application, the Applicant should provide evidence that they have obtained a level of competence expected of a Candidate for the ABOBCP through specific training in OBCP.
Additionally, Applicants must be licensed in at least one state or jurisdiction to apply for and pass through the review process.